Monday, February 22, 2010

Music and I

Back in my childhood I would wake up to soft Latino music. My mother would play it on the boombox she had. My cousins who were older, played hip-hop. Growing up through my childhood years listening to a variety of music made me experience a whole lot of genres some I like and some I don't care for much.

I am 18 years old and still listen to a variety of music. From Selena to NIN to Japanese rock to Korean pop. I tend to get bored of the songs I listen to and search for more constantly. I usually find songs i like through various methods which range between video sites like You tube to just plan listening to the radio, Sometimes i pick up songs off friends to add to my collection.

Living with the people I live with currently still has me listening to a bunch of genres, I do not mind it is actually quite fine. My friends also listen to music a lot and i enjoy it, Except the times when they play the same song over and over or when they play the music too loud...


My mother and father don't like my choice of music. They both listen to different types. My dad likes what is called NorteƱa and my mother likes different types like English and Latino music depending on the song. I believe I picked up on what my parents listened as I grew up because I still listen to some of the music, And then again some of it I now don't like as much.


My mom listens to the radio a lot, in the car ,in the kitchen. even in the bathroom sometimes and even when shes going to bed. Its mostly always on a Latino music station. I like listening to it but sometimes I would rather just switch to a station I like more. Even though they do not like my type of music and complain, they let me listen to it. All tho I'm sure even if they said I couldn't, I still would listen to what I want too.


Music people listen to as children have a big impact on what they want to listen to when they grow up. Even as the years go by people still listen to old time bands like The Beetles and Kiss because they experienced it when they we're growing up. I believe even as the generations of people pass by that all music even the older bands and singers will still be listened to because they we're subject to listening to it while they we're children.

No comments:

Post a Comment